I. Freakin’. LOVE. Halloween.
The whole month of October is 31 days of pumpkins, blood, and candy.
What else could you ask for??
(Well, brains if you’re a zombie)
To get you in the proper mindset of a good ol’ horrifying Halloween, I have specially crafted a list of 31 Movies to Watch in October.
These are my hand picked, best horror films to watch each night of the month to get you all sorts of pumped up for All Hallow’s Eve!
And to try something new, I’ve decided to turn my list into a CHALLENGE!
I’m challenging myself to watch each and every movie on the line up. I’ll be live tweeting during each film. I’m calling it the #FrightNightChallenge.
(Oh yeah! I hashtagged.)
Join me! Take the Fright Night Challenge and see if you’ve got the guts to watch each movie in October!
Here’s my list of the best scary movies to watch this Halloween:
31 Movies to Watch in October
3. Trick ‘r Treat Like Love Actually, with bloodshed
4. The Shining Heeeere’s Johnny!
5. 28 Days Later Takes the zombie legend to a new level, kick ass soundtrack
6. Pan’s Labyrinth A terrifying fairy-tale
7. Resident Evil That Russian chick blasting zombies and stickin’ it to the man at the same time
9. The Omen Is Damien evil incarnate? Is his mother crazy? Or is he just a creepy little punk?
10. The Grudge A scary modern ghost story – you’ll never wash your hair the same way again!
(Bonus points if you watch the Japanese original)
11. Poltergeist This is what happens when you build houses on Indian Burial Grounds, mmkay? This film is also responsible for my fear of the static “snowy” channel on TV.
12. Texas Chainsaw Massacre Everything’s bigger in Texas! Even inbred, cannibalistic psycho-killers!*
13. The Others Nicole Kidman in a good old fashioned ghost story circa WWI
14. Alien Sigourney Weaver. Chest-bursting aliens.
15. Psycho Just classic Alfred Hitchcock, who believed your imagination was scarier than anything he could show you.
16. Rosemary’s Baby Beware your neighbors; they may be Satan worshiping baby snatchers.
17. From Dusk Til Dawn Tarantino. Rodriguez. Clooney.
A pair of outlaws hijack a family’s RV, and go to hide out in a Mexican truck stop. A bloody bar brawl of vampires and werewolves ensues, but who will survive?
18. Let the Right One In the best vampire movie ever made.
Really, like, ever.
19. The Thing An absolutely terrifying alien let lose on Earth – I’m warning you, it gets gross. With movies, I always recommend the original, but it’s your call.
20. Silence of the Lambs Quid pro quo, Clarice. Quid pro quo.
21. The Amityville Horror I always thought it would be cool to live in a haunted house, but when the walls start bleeding, it’s time to go.
The original is great! but I’m watching the remake because I like me some Ryan Reynolds. Just sayin’.
22. Dawn of the Dead The zombie apocalypse has arrived.
What would YOU do?
23. Seven A serial killer is using the 7 Deadly Sins as his M.O.
And it’s just so thrilling.
24. Silent Hill Creep-ass movie inspired by a creep-ass video game.
25. Friday the 13th Summer camp is fun! Until Jason and that eerie sound effect show up.
23. The Fly Must watch the one with Jeff Goldblum… it’s just horrific.
27. Jaws Saw it when I was 5, been hooked on horror ever since.
28. The Exorcist Pea soup anyone?
29. Nightmare on Elm Street Johnny Depp’s break-out role
30. Night of the Living Dead The original zombie film
31. Halloween Happy Halloween!