Day 4 of the 30 Day Writing Challenge!
10 interesting facts about yourself
Ummm….ok. Ten is a lot.
- I studied abroad in London at King’s College in the summer of 2009. My course was called The Psychopathology of Jack the Ripper; it covered everything from Sigmund Freud’s influence on psychology to criminology and the minds of serial killers to cutting-edge substance abuse treatment.
- I like to draw to relieve stress. I’ve characterized most of the people I know into little cartoon cats.
- I’m afraid of birds.
- I’m good at making really dumb rhymes.
- I’m excellent at doing accents. Scottish, Irish, French, Celine Dion, Boston, various English accents. My Russian accent is off the chain. So much so that whenever my mom gets’s a letter from her Russian friend she has me read it aloud to her in said accent. Is nice!
- I knew the Austin Powers movies so well that no one would play the trivia game with me.
- I cannot stand tomatoes. I’ll pull them off my hamburger or taco, but then I have to cover them with a napkin. Ick.
- I have a vast knowledge of dog breeds. Dogs are my favorite animal. When I was a kid I had an encyclopedia of dogs and I made it my mission to memorize every breed in that book.
- Apparently, I don’t have a Texas accent. Which is strange since I’ve lived here my entire life. I had to work with a detective once when my car was broken into, and after having a lengthy conversation with him, he asked where I was from. When I told him West Texas, he was surprised. He said I had a “North-western accent.” That works for me, though, because I’ve always felt like I belong in Oregon. (My dad said he probably wasn’t a good detective)
- I’m an underwater pumpkin-carving champion!
I knew all this and yet it was still extremely interesting.
I do the same thing! Think of people and scenarios in my head as little animated cats! If only I could draw. Keep writing~ I love reading it!
How funny! You should draw them out anyway! Thank you for the encouragement 🙂